The work of Youth 4 Jobs is pioneering for the country. Visitors from Govt. of India, Companies, Cornell University and multiple funders have visited CPDL to understand this first of its kind work. The transformation achieved by these trainings is magical.
Ms. Stuti Kacker, Secretary to Govt. of India, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment - June, 2013
Ms Stuti Kacker, IAS., Secretary to Govt. of India, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, visited the Youth 4 Jobs training centre at Hyderabad on 13th June 2013 and interacted with the youth.
- She said this was the first time she saw a program where Demand from corporates is ensured first and trainings are in line with the market requirement ensuring high placement.
- Secretary found the PPP between SERP and Y4J innovative and path breaking in the disability sector
Ms Nidhi Khare , Director, Ministry for Social Justice & Empowerment - March 2011
Ms Nidhi Khare, Director, Ministry for Social Justice & Empowerment visited the Y4J training centre and interacted with the youth.
Ms Katherine Dhanani ,US Consulate General, Hyderabad - January 2011
The US Consul General, Katherine.S.Dhanani visited the CPDL (Centre for PwD Livelihoods) on 18th January 2011 and distributed certificates to the disabled youth trained and placed in jobs by CPDL.
Dr Bharatendu Swain, Senior Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Apollo Hospitals - August 2011
Dr. Bharatendu Swain is working as a Senior Consultant Plastic Surgeon at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad. He established Aakar Asha, one of the finest centres of excellence for bringing about a transformation in the lives of disabled. Dr Swain visited the Y4J training centre and interacted with the youth to understand their needs
Delegates of the South-South Learning Forum 2012 - World Bank - November 2012
Delegates of the South-South Learning Forum 2012 interacted with CPDL Trained Youth and the Youth 4 Jobs Team on 3rd November 2012 at Hyderabad
Impressions of the Participants:
- Uwe Gehlen, World Bank: The CPDL work impressed me very much and I was happy to facilitate a meeting with my bilateral colleagues.
- DL program is nicely building on the various efforts of the Govt on mainstreaming PwD youth in the state. The initiative has lot of learning for underdeveloped and developing countries where the Govt are still struggling to reach out to PwD youth. The Finish Govt. will be happy to facilitate peer to peer learning.
- Ms. Lisa Hannigan, Senior Sector Specialist - Social Protection AusAid: I will discuss with the team working on the disability agenda and figure out how to take the model to other countries
Dr. Susanne Bruyere, Associate Dean of ILR’s Extension and Outreach, and Director of Employment and Disability Institute, Cornell University - July 2012
Dr. Susanne Bruyere from Cornell University visited Y4J on 2nd July 2012 and interacted with the CPDL team to gain a deeper understanding of the work
Some More visitors..
- Ms Vineeta Shankar, Sasakawa India Leprosy Foundation
- Planning Commission Delegatio
- Delegation from the Leaders Quest
- World Bank
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
- Indian School of Business